Wednesday, May 18, 2016

New Art Show


I've been terribly delinquent about posting this year!  Not that I haven't been painting a lot, 'cause I have.  I think I have a blockage due to my dissatisfaction with the quality of photos I take of my paintings.
I've taken photos outside, for the most part, to get the most accurate color representation.  However, they still don't look like they do in person.  I also have tried setting up a photo shoot area with two clip on lamps holding daylight bulbs, a tripod, a darkened room, but still they come out just so-so.

If I were ever going to get serious about selling art online or entering more selective art shows, then I would have to bite the bullet and have a professional photograph them.  I've only done that once and I have to admit that the results were outstanding!

Speaking of art shows,  a new one is about to start on May 22nd.  It's at the Woodstock Jewish Center. I sold two paintings there in December when they had the holiday show.
The theme of this new show is Summer.  I entered two plein air landscapes and they accepted both.

Not sure if I will attend the opening or not, but I would like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment