Wednesday, December 2, 2015

More plein air





Tranquil Woodstock Afternoon
8x10
Oil on panel
$80. framed plus shipping

Hanover Mountain Solitude
8x10
Oil on panel


I REALLY need to perfect the photographing of artwork.  Both of these paintings seem a little out of balance colorwize.  I usually take pictures outside in natural light.  I don't do it in sunshine, rather under the roof of my front porch.  No flash.  

Once I download them to my computer, I open them in a photo editor and try to correct the color to make it appear more like the painting.  Seldom do I get it right!  I know a lot of people use two lights with daylight bulbs angled to shine on the painting and hang the painting on a wall inside.  I need to have my son, who is a professional videographer, help me out with this. Something has to change, because I am not at all happy with the online version of my artwork :(

No comments:

Post a Comment