Tuesday, November 10, 2015

On a roll?

Wasn't I pleasantly surprised to find out I'd sold two paintings at the Woodstock Jewish Congregation on Sunday?  That was the day of their open house and a chance to view all the paintings submitted. I haven't had a chance to see them, but I will when I bring two different paintings to be hung.

One was painted en plein air in August when the Sawkill Creek was running very low. The favorite swimming spot is called "Little Deep".  It's located along the Zena Road.

The second painting was done from a photo I took when joy riding through the Drybrook area of Arkville.  The road is called Rider Hollow and you won't find a prettier spot!  I love how the old barn sits so close to the road.  So many barns do.  I suppose when the barn was built, the road was a lot narrower.

So here they are, both in other peoples' homes now.

BTW: if you are in the area and want to see the artwork, the location is:
Woodstock Jewish Congregation
1682 Glasco Turnpike
Woodstock,NY 12498

"Little Deep"
8 x 10
oil on panel
sold

"Rider Hollow"
8 x 10
Oil on panel
sold

1 comment:

  1. You were joy riding?! You wild woman! Good for you--what are going to do with all your moola? Love the sunlight you've caught and executed so well on that old barn.

    ReplyDelete