Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sorella Boutique, Woodstock NY


8" x 10"
Oil on panel

*I have no idea what I did to my format in the following post. Please excuse! LOL!


My two adorable nieces opened this boutique about seven years ago.  Called "Sorella", it means sisters in Italian.
They both love fashion!  Anna has had a long career in retail and Regina has a fashion degree from  Newbury College in Boston. This little shop is so cute!  Nestled in the shadow of the cafe next door, it is located on one side of the Village Green.
While Regina is mom to a 16 yr old and twins that are 12, Anna never had any children.  That is, until now!  She is thrilled to be welcoming a baby boy in November.  I don't think she'd be mad if I told you how old she is.  40.   She looks 10 years younger than that and is in excellent health.  She's had a perfect pregnancy and it proves that it's never too late!  Well, of course, that's a stupid statement, but 40 is not too late for lots of women!   Anna has been mom to many dogs.  She and her husband, Luke, are very active finding homes for unwanted shelter dogs, primarily pit bulls.

Back to the painting:  The girls just closed this shop on Monday.  With the impending birth, Anna felt she wanted to stay home with her baby for as long as possible.  They aren't finished with great clothing sales, however!  

From their Facebook page that featured Regina painting walls: 

We are no longer located in woodstock. We are starting up our online business that will be a mix of "used not abused" , vintage & new merchandise . As you see here Regina is at it already! Our Sorella room will be finished in no time. Our plan is to work from home with seasonal pop up parties at local businesses. We already have a few people interested in hosting our first ones. We look forward to the freedom we will have & hope to see you all along the way. Most of you know my first born is expected in 4.5 weeks. Once I'm settled into my new life, we will be at it again.. This is not an end! It's a beautiful beginning.. Love to all of you!



I was on the Village Green a few weeks ago with my plein air class and chose to do a painting of their store.  Architecture isn't my strong suit, but I'm happy with it.  I can't wait to give it to the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment