Friday, August 21, 2015

Summer of painting

I haven't posted in a long time. That doesn't mean I haven't been painting, though.  I am having a great summer with lots of activities and visitors.

The best parts, however, are the classes I've been taking at the Woodstock School of Art.  First, a five week long plein air with my favorite teacher, Kate McGloughlin.  We visited some amazing places I wouldn't have access to ordinarily.  

The month of August I've been studying with Keith Gunderson.  I can't describe what an incredible artist he is.  He makes it look easy composing a landscape outdoors and bringing it to life with just a few strokes. It looks like he's conducting an orchestra!  

He has also taken us to sites I've never painted at, all in the Woodstock area.  Next week is the last class and I know I am going to be sad it's ending so soon.  I really hope I'll be able to take classes with him again in the future.

So, I don't have any photos to share because I am in Wiscasset Maine as I write this and don't have photos of finished pieces with me.   I will post lots of them when I get home.

 I hope to get out there and paint some of this special Maine coast scenery.  This is one of my happy places.  

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you, to be able to soak up such valuable instruction, but also fabulous scenery. One day I hope to drive that entire east coast, from the Maritimes all the way to Palm Beach. So true what you say about how effortless the experts make things, whether it be painting, quilting or yoga moves!

    ReplyDelete