Monday, March 30, 2015

Coffee Filter Easter Wreath

I'm trying to get into the Easter spirit even though we still have snow on the ground and it's 43 degrees outside.  I made a coffee filter wreath over the winter using a piece of pipe insulation and a few dozen white coffee filters.  Wish I could say I thought of that great idea, but I didn't. I saw it while browsing Pinterest one night.
I did, however, customize it and I'm happy that I can keep it hanging on a mirror all year with different ribbon, silk flowers and other doodads.
My fav clip art site is The Graphics Fairy.  She posts adorable vintage postcards for free! And tons of other ephemera images. I've done lots of fabric transfers using them.
 I downloaded the ones I wanted with Easter themes and printed them on regular printer paper. I brushed a couple coats of Liquitex Matte Gel on both sides. Let them dry and then I cut them out. The gel gives them flexible bodies! I simply attached them with paper clips 'cause that's what I had on hand and I like the utilitarian look of that.
Can't wait to show it to my sis and my nieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment