Sunday, October 26, 2014

This barn and fields have proven to be  popular subjects!  Someone purchased this today. That's both paintings sold of this farm called Chapel Farm.  I only learned the name of it today from a woman who grew up on this farm. I believe it belonged or still belongs to Mohonk Mt. House.

I had just taken it to be hung in an exhibit in my town and wasn't even labeled yet! So, tomorrow I'll take it down and ship it out.  I've got a different one in mind for replacement.  The exhibit we have is at the American Legion Hall in Shokan on Mountain Rd. We hope it will be a permanent display. I think we have somewhere around 25 paintings up and they enhance the interior of the building. Or at least WE think the exhibit does. We'll find out from the boy scouts, senior citizens and legionnaires if they share our enthusiasm.

I love this farm. I am making a note to self that I MUST get out there next spring or summer and paint it again. I like the view from up and around the bend.  It shows our most beloved Catskills in the distance.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on another sale! Phew, you're just raking in the dough, lol! Beautiful painting, and captures the Catskills' haunting beauty, beauty I hope to see for myself in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete