Friday, October 10, 2014

She's Gone


Mountain Rest
11 x 14

 I woke up this morning to find that someone had purchased the painting I called Mountain Rest.
It's a landscape with a barn in it. More than that, it's the beautiful site you see when driving up to Mohonk Mt. House.  My friends lived there about 50 yrs ago when they were expecting their first child. Spring Farm. 

There are a few mixed feelings!  I don't usually get too attached to my paintings, but this one was special.  
It was the first one to get accepted into a major juried show.  It has been in a bunch of group shows.
I've had a friend and a friend of a friend want to purchase it, but didn't. I held firm on the price. 

I had it priced so it wouldn't sell quickly. It's hung in my living room since I painted it and of the 100s of paintings I've done, this was my favorite. It was made into greeting cards. I'll have to dig out another painting for the blank spot on my wall. 

So, now it will relocate to California! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled when I sell a painting, especially to someone I don't know.  Friends and relatives are always gracious and kind and liberal with praise, but a sale to a stranger is an unbiased pat on the back. Thank you, thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment