Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tonalist painting meadow

8"x10"
Oil on panel

So, this is a little different for me.  I admire the tonalists, particularly George Inness, who painted in the Hudson Valley and Birge Harrison who painted in Woodstock at the turn of the last century. He taught at the Art Students' League of NY at the summer school here. 
Please don't think I am comparing what I do with what they did!

Speaking of students, this is my month of classes.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays with Loman Eng and Thursdays at the Woodstock School of art with one of my fav people in the whole world, Kate McGloughlin. I took her plein air class last year and loved it so much that I looked forward to this year's class like a kid waiting for Christmas.  
Last week's first session was located at Val-kill, Eleanor Roosevelt's cottage in Hyde Park, NY. 

I will post the painting I did that day as soon as it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment