Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Yellow Kayak in Bradenton FL

The Kayaker
8" x 10"
oil on board
NFS
Our friend, John, spent the winter in Bradenton, Florida.  He went kayaking with friends, Sandra and Joe (from Windsor, Ontario) and they snapped a photo of him.  You could tell that he was really enjoying the day and the new sport!  I thought the bright yellow kayak was striking against the dark water.  The Florida sun can blind you from the glare!  Maybe not an exact likeness of John, but enough to show the serenity he found. 

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!!! That is just incredible, Janette! You have captured that moment so very well. That picture gives me a lump in my throat, because it was SUCH a good day (both times we went) and I miss all of you SO MUCH. Joe just came over when I exclaimed out loud, "Oh my GOD!" and he said, "Holy!!! That's pretty good!" For his reticence, this is like me running in circles outside screaming, "FANTASTIC!!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! I know he had a wonderful outing that day. Maybe next year Ed and I will try it! When the paint is dry, I will give this to him.

    ReplyDelete