Friday, February 3, 2012

Free Pineapple Wallhanging


A couple years ago, I went on a quilting shop hop with my girlfriends, Jane and MaryAnn. At Flying Geese, a cute quilt shop in Colonie, NY, they gave us a free wallhanging kit. Inside were small pieces of fabric in yellow and green plus a pattern. We had to assemble the patchwork and add our own backgrounds, binding and backing. Well, once I got started, I realized they didn't give us enough of the yellow to complete the pineapple. Okay, it was free, but still!! I threw it into a bin and forgot about it for a long time. Then recently, I decided I MUST finish up these UFOs. (to those of you who do not craft, it's "un-finished-object". I picked up a little more yellow fabric and finished the wallhanging a few days ago. The pineapple is a symbol for welcome, so I have this hanging in my kitchen. Thanks Flying Geese Fabrics! 16" x 26".
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment