Friday, February 3, 2012

After The Storm

Another, UFO, finished! I started this oil painting more than a year ago. I was working from a photo of my parents' log home after a snow storm. I had to change the composition up a bit since the horses were not in the best spot for a painting. I put down my brush and never finished the scene because I wasn't sure how to approach putting the horses in. In the photo, they were pure silhouettes. So, a couple of weeks ago, I held my breath and popped those two mares in the field without over thinking it! I feel nostalgic towards this painting. The horses are Olive and April. My dad bought Olive for me back in 1970 and April was a Morgan horse my mom raised from the time the horse was one year old.
April died suddenly a little over a year ago. She was 29. I think Olive lived to be almost 40. Two good horses.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see this post and didn't know you had put the horses in until I saw the finished painting hanging in their house. Came out great!

    ReplyDelete