Saturday, May 21, 2011

Leifeld Farm

Leifeld Farm
18 x 24
oil on canvas
Our friends, Bert and Ann Leifeld, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary today.  I painted this portrait of their home as my gift to them.  It shows the wagon wheel notch in the mountain. This notch was used by native Americans to pass through to Samsonville. My grandparents, Mart and Anne Eckert, lived on this same farm back in the 1940s.  In fact, when my parents got married, they had their reception in this house.  It's a beautiful setting and Ann takes care of the grounds herself.
I wanted a spring landscape so I waited until the leaves were out before I took a coule of photos to work from. This is one of the bigger paintings I've ever done. They loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Janette! I used to babysit for Leifelds and recently drove past their home. I also hiked Wagon Wheel Notch as a teen with Ann Roser-Sweet. It's neat to see these "memories" captured in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete